Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Weird Holidays in the Month of April

April is a month that sort of breezes by for me. Somewhere thrown in there is Easter Sunday; a holiday that my family celebrates lightly. We dye eggs, and have hunts for our niece, nephew, and second cousins. It's usually a fun event...for the kids.
In April though there is a slew of holidays, as a matter of fact there is a holiday each and every day of the week. These holidays are little known though, and not everyone celebrates them. That's probably because not many people know about them.
So here they are from start to finish:
April 1st is One Cent Day. I'm not really sure how they expect us to celebrate this odd holiday, but my thoughts would be to save your pennies, give away your pennies, or carry a penny in your shoe for good luck. Honestly I don't know how else to go about celebrating one cent day, because usually I give people my two cents.
April 2nd is National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day. Today is a day to put together a peanut butter and jelly hoagie. God they are gross, and God they are fattening, but hello, it's peanut butter and jelly day!
On April 3rd, you don't have to go to work, unless you have a fun job, that's because today is Don't Go To Work, Unless It Is Fun Day. Cool!
We can all lie to one another on April 4th, because it is Tell A Lie Day. This should be interesting.
Sorry Charlie Day is to be celebrated on the 5th. This day we are to honor all of the rejects.
On April 7th we can all just lay in bed and watch TV after work, because it is No Housework Day. This sounds good, but in my house we tend to celebrate this one all too much.
On April 8th it is All Is Ours Day. Hmmm...this confuses me; what's mine? Who is ours? Do I get anything? Oh gez, my head hurts.
Anyone out there hate their name? Anyone? If so, April 9th gives you the perfect opportunity to rename yourself, on Name Yourself Day. (On the 9th you can all just refer to me as God).
On the 10th golfers can go out to the green and leave the wife behind. Today is Golfer's Day. Have fun, and don't let anyone spoil it.
Eight-Track Tape Day is celebrated on the 11th. I don't know who still owns one of these, but if you do why not whip it out for bragging rights...or to get picked on.
The 12th of April is a good day to look up into the sky, and get lost figuring out what the clouds look like. (I see Elvis). Today is Look Up At The Sky Day. I think I should do this more often, it's actually more relaxing than one may think.
Oh, I do this one all the time! Blame Somebody Else Day is celebrated on April 13th.
Gez another National Pecan Day! Didn't we already have this weird holiday in July? I'm sure we did...but for those who can't get enough, celebrate it again, because it is National Pecan Day; again on April 14th.
On April 15th for some stupid reason we are to celebrate Rubber Eraser Day. This is so lame. Who the hell made up this list?
On April 16th we are all supposed to embrace the stress in out daily lives. Today is National Stress Awareness Day. It is also National Eggs Benedict Day.
April 17th is Cheeseball Day. You can either make cheeseballs today, or go around calling people cheeseballs.
We also have already celebrated an International Jugglers Day. Why we have 2 is beyond me. We don't have two Christmas's do we!? No! Enough holidays for the jugglers already! Gez! April 18th is...see above bold.
On the 19th the world is going to stink a wee bit more than it already does, because today is Garlic Day.
The 20th is Look Alike Day. We actually used to celebrate this in grade school by dressing exactly like out friend. This is fun for schools to celebrate, but for everyone else in the work industry, odds are we all look alike already; depressed, same work outfit, wearing a frown, and big black bags under our eyes. We all match.
The 21st is Kindergarten Day. Why?
April 22nd is National Jelly Bean Day. On this lame-o-licious day we can eat jelly beans. Lot's of them. Not like I can't do this any other day.
The 23rd is World Laboratory Animal Day. Why not go free the animals in your local lab? You have an excuse.
Uch, so you freed the animals yesterday, and today they want you to eat them. The 24th of April is Pigs In A Blanket Day.
I have no idea what zucchini bread is, but on April 25th I guess I should find out. It is National Zucchini Bread Day.
April 26th is Pretzel Day. I actually know how to make pretzels, so maybe I will embrace my inner pretzel baking skills today.
On the 27th we are all to tell a story on Tell A Story Day. There is no specifications on whether the story has to be true or not. So go ahead and make something up if you want.
On the 28th you can go ahead and kiss your lover more than you usually would, because today is Kiss Your Mate Day.
Yum, I love shrimp scampi, and on April 29th I can eat more than I need or want to, because today is Shrimp Scampi Day.
On the 30th we have to come clean with all of the lies we told on the 4th. Today is Be Honest Day.
There you have it, 30 days of fun filled events (at least some sound fun anyway).

No comments:

Post a Comment