Monday, July 28, 2014

DIY: Make Bloody Scars Using Just Tissue Paper Cheap Halloween Trick

Halloween is my specialty. This year I thought I would just slap on a simple Halloween mask, however on my way home from work my Halloween buzz finally hit me. I wanted to go all out, but fast and easily. I applied a prosthetic mask to my face (which came out looking gnarly by the way...I'll save that for a later DIY later though). When my mask was complete though my neck and hands looked rather...non-spooky. I didn't have much to work with, so I had to use my imagination, and work with what I could find around the house.
My plans were to add scars...but how? How could I cover my neck and hands in scars?
Quite easily actually, and quite inexpensively.
What you will need:
1. Liquid latex of course
2. Tissue paper
3. A cheap makeup kit
Liquid latex is always the key ingredient when working with special effects.
First clean off the area you want to add the scar.
I washed my neck with some regular facial soap, the surface has to be as clean as possible in order for the liquid latex to stick properly...and for a long time.
Next I dabbed my neck with liquid latex. I was planning on making a huge scar across my neck to give off the appearance that my neck was rotting off.
After applying the latex I let it half dry. As my neck was drying I took a long sheet of toilet paper and folded it a few times. I then took the sheet of toilet paper and placed it over the liquid latex.
I allowed it to dry properly, and then I carefully applied a thin coat of liquid latex to the toilet paper.
After it dried; which took about 3 minutes, I then began to work with my makeup. I applied a layer of black to the tissue paper using a sponge brush. I left some areas of the tissue white, and dabbed some red, green and yellow on the area. The result was a bulging wound that looked like globs of puss was about to come oozing from it.
After I had the makeup done up the way I wanted it, I then peeled a chunk of the toilet paper from my neck and let it hand. The illusion worked perfectly. I now had what appeared to be an open wound in my neck. I allowed the piece of toilet paper I peeled away to hang down to give of the appearance of decay. It looked sweet, but I was not done.
Under the area I peeled was my regular skin color, and I had to add color to the exposed area. I used some fake blood gel to give it a gushy wet look. You can however use regular red makeup mixed with a bit of white and black to give of the illusion of an infected scar vs a fresh rip.
The Result:
The result is a one of a kind special effect, and it looks extremely realistic compared to those pieces of crap scars with a small vile spirit gum that Halloween stores charge $8.00 for.
If you have extra liquid latex (which you should) feel free to add scars everywhere. Your face, arms, legs etc.
Removal:
The scars are easy to remove and only require some peeling. You can wash it off if you have sensitive skin.
Happy one of a kind Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment