Sunday, July 13, 2014

EA Announces that Ths Sims 4 Will Hit Stores in 2014

I got beyond excited when I saw that EA announced on Facebook that The Sims 4 would be released in 2014. My heart actually raced. I have been playing The Sims since the very first game came out. I have been a fan of the series since the very beginning, and I know I am not alone.

After the overwhelming feeling of joy, (similar to a 5 year old seeing a carnival in the distance) fear then swept over me (similar to being a young kid and seeing the Zipper at the carnival).

The joy was based off of pure excitement knowing I would be diving into a brand new world of Sims in 2014. What would it deliver? Would the open world still exist? Will I have to wait for a bunch of expansion packs for this game to even be worth wild? (Probably).

The fear came after when I thought about what would happen to The Sims 3. Any fan knows that past Sims games become just that, a thing of the past, one you will no longer play. All that money, all that time, all that building to be erased and left behind as you embark on a new Sims journey.

That is exactly what happened to The Sims 2, which was probably a better game than Sims 3. It became a thing of the past the moment Sims 3 hit shelves. In fact it was almost pointless for me to have even purchased the last and final expansion pack, because I barely even got a chance to play it.

With that aside, the Sims 4 is now a dead set reality, like it or not. Regardless of how disappointed I have been with Sims 3, I idiotically will await any and every bit of news on the Sims 4.

What We Know So Far:

 
-The game is set to be released sometime in 2014. I will hope for a winter release during Christmas vacation, but EA is legendary for pushing back release dates, so I would not hold your breath. Even when they do announce a release date, expect it to be pushed back by 2-3 months.
-The Sims 4 will not require internet connection! Thank God! I could not stand the forced profile creating, and social aspect they warped into my game.
- The Sims 4 will be released on PC and Mac. No news on whether or not it will be on any consoles. Odds are with the new consoles Microsoft and Sony are releasing, that the game will likely be made for these platforms as well. I'd love to see it on my Wii U.
- The game will allow sharing and much more custom personalization

What We Can Expect Perhaps?
 
-We will likely have to upgrade our computers, just as I have had to do with every new full game release of The Sims
Anyhow, with that said, I am excited and somewhat skeptical on how this game will be. I hated that The Sims 3 first release was so boring I was over playing it in less than 4 days. I truly hope that the base game of The Sims 4 has weather in it, and they do not turn it into an expansion pack, 4 expansions later.
I hope downloading online fan custom work is easier to install into the game.
I just hope it is entertaining enough to keep me busy the way the first 2 games managed to do. The Sims 3 was and is very lack luster, with nothing more than upgraded graphic graphics on expansion packs we have seen before.

No comments:

Post a Comment