Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Funniest Moms on TV

With Mother's Day right around a short calendars corner, I got to thinking of all of the funny moments I have shared with my mother, and shortly afterward the television junkie in me got to thinking about all of the funny moms I have seen over the years on TV. I decided to compile a list of all of these hilarious TV moms.

Te first one that popped out as hands down, television's funniest mom would go to Roseanne (Roseanne Barr). Some people either love her or hate her, but this momma is one funny chick.

I had been following Roseanne since childhood, and seriously there is not a single episode in the show that she didn't have me laughing. Roseanna has character, she would have me cracking up with her witty sarcasm, or her bad parenting skills that were so bad, yet so good, because they were realistic to families today.

And what about Lois (Jane Kaczmarek) on Malcolm in the Middle? Oh my God, this seriously funny mom would have moments when she'd be yelling at her kids, and she would actually go off in such a crazed way that her eyeballs practically flopping out of her head. She had a serious strict side to her, yet a funny lunatic way about her that landed her on this list of funny TV moms.

Another funny TV mom also takes the name of Lois. You probably all know her from the hit animated series Family Guy. Lois is a wholesome TV mom, but at the same time she has these off the wall moments that have me dying. There was an episode when she became a kleptomaniac, that had me dying with laughter. Lois is a unique funny TV mom because she can be completely normal one minute, and totally off the wall another. The random jumps in personality is what keeps her fresh, unique, and deliciously hilarious.

I'm sure plenty of you remember I Love Lucy right? Lucy without a doubt lands a spot on my funny TV moms list because while she was a wonderful mother to her son little Ricky, she also had this quirky, adorable, hilarious and addicting personality. There is not a single episode from I Love Lucy that (Lucille Ball) didn't have me laughing.

How can I forget one of my top favorite funny lazy moms Peggy Bundy (Katey Segal) from Married With Children!? This bon bon munching, under sexed housewife has always managed to make me chuckle. If not for her crude, rude outspoken ways, but for the fact that she portrayed the lazy housewife in a way TV had never seen before. With style, class, and a nice red up-do. The show was relateable, and therefore very, very popular.

Claudia Finnerty (Megyn Price) is another smoking hot funny TV mom. She played an awesome mom on the hit TV show Grounded For Life. Claudia played the role of a caring, nurturing mother, but she does it with grace, style, and hilarious antics.Claudia always wore revealing outfits that had all the boys in the neighbor hood dreaming about her, and not her younger teen daughter. The whole mom looks better than the daughter story, rings true in this series, and it will have you laughing your keester off.

Another funny TV mom goes to Judy Miller (Jami Gertz) from the series Still Standing. Judy is unlike any other TV mom I have ever seen. While she tries to stay hip and cool, and in the loop with her kids, she at the same time manages to play a good caring mother. Although that may sound a little boring, Judy Miller is far from boring; she has me cracking up in nearly every scene she is in, she cracks jokes, and manages to use body language that is simply hilarious.

Everybody Loves Raymond eh? I beg to differ!

Although Raymond plays a funny charming character, I have to say that I watched the show week to week just to see what sort of rude, over invasive funny things his mother would be pulling off. Marie Barrone (Doris Roberts) had me laughing in each and every scene she ever appeared in, so she, without a doubt lands a spot on this list.

All of these quirky moms can still be found airing on television, on the shows I have mentioned above. You can catch all of the reruns on air by checking your TV's local listings, or you can buy the entire box sets at local stores such as Blockbuster, or on Amazon.

They are all true gems, and will have you laughing your butt off from start to finish.

I take a personal bow, to all of these funny TV moms, without them breaking out of the ol' Mrs. Brady cookie cutter shell, TV just would not be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment