Thursday, July 17, 2014

Awesome! the Sims 3 Late Night Expansion Pack Comes Packed with Apartments!

As a fan of the Sims series, I was a bit miffed when EA released Apartment life for the Sims 2, only to have a brand new game, Sims 3 release a few short months later. It bugged me because I knew I would dump the old version of the game in placement for the Sims 3. Basically that was exactly what happened.

The thing that bugged me the most about Sims 3 though was how hugely this game was anticipated, and how poorly it was delivered.

Granted the game was great as a whole, players felt ripped off, as if there was not enough content. That is true, but at the same token, we all had to remember that Sims 2 was so awesome due to the fact that we owned every single expansion pack involved with the game.

When it came to The Sims 3, fans were just expecting an overload of content, as we had in the past game. No such luck. Once again, fans were glued to their computers seeking out news of the next expansion pack. I think this alone is what keeps the series alive. As much as I hate waiting, I have to admit, no other game, or series manages to keep me glued to news of new releases quite like the Sims.
Late Night will be the newest release in the Sims 3 expansion pack. It's scheduled to hit shelves on October 26th.

While many of us already knew that bars and clubs would be moving in to town, and that there would be a new neighborhood to romp around in, and that vampires would be added to the mix. Yay! Fun stuff.

However one major little detail managed to get looked over, and that tid bit is apartments. Yes, there will be apartments and penthouses in The Sims 3 Late Night.

I know I am excited for this, as I was very bothered by the fact that this apartment feature was not added to the initial game. I really hope that they bring back assigned doors though, because I cannot stand when my adult Sims chose a child's bedroom to sleep in, instead of their master bedroom, so EA, hear me out. Give me that dang door back.

Overall Late Night is being called the best expansion pack in the bunch so far, by fans who have not even gotten the chance to play it yet. Personally I am thrilled about the news of apartments and penthouses, and cannot wait to get my gamers hands on it to bring you a solid review of how the expansion pack really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment