Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Beautifying Tricks for Women with Extremely Thick Hair

I, by nature, have extremely thick, unruly hair. I swear to God if I did not straighten my hair and add globs of hair products, I'd seriously have an afro puff with a 6 foot wing span on ether side of my head.

Beautifying hair for chicks with thick frizzy locks is a bit difficult and much more time consuming, but definitely not unobtainable. With a little bit of work, time and patience you can turn your thick frizzy mange into a luscious mane.

Now obviously you have a thick mop on top, otherwise you wouldn't be here correct?

Well I feel your pain hunny, because I know that the mop on top takes a lot of work, and I'm sure you already know that.

I use simple beautifying tricks though for days when I don't have 2 hours to spend flat ironing my hair out. Although I'd much rather have my hair ironed straight, sometimes I just don't have the time, and I'm sure many of you don't either.

I decided that I'd let you in on a few of my secrets.

The Hair Wrap Scrunchy
 
I don;t really know what it is called, but that's what I've been calling it. A fast an easy quick beautifying trick is to tie your thick hair up into a pony tail. However leave a small chunk of hair hanging in the back. Do not tie this hair up; leave it out.

Once you have the rest of your hair tied up, you can then take this loose piece of hair to wrap it around the unsightly scrunchy (yeah we all know chicks with thick hair have to use scrunchy to hold the weight of their hair up. Haha! It sucks doesn't it?). Pull the hair as tight as you can, and be sure it is covering all sights of the scrunchy. Once you have the hair wrapped around, you can then tuck it into the scrunchy, or you can hold it in place with bobby pins. Unfortunately though for me bobby pins never hold my hair in place, so I tuck it into the scrunchy.

This easy style is really best used for those with thick longer length hair. If you have short hair it will be far too hard to tie up the hair.

Hair Wrap Scrunchies For Shorter Thick Hair
 
For those with short hair, you can tie your hair back and then wrap one of those scrunchies that come pre-threaded with lifelike looking hair. Now although these hair scrunchies look a little gross at the store, they actually are very flattering to those with thick hair. If you tie this around your hair instead of a normal scrunchy, it actually gives off the illusion that it is your own hair. Only you know the truth. It gives your hair a very pretty style.

Click to view these scrunchies.

Bun It Up
 
Another easy, yet beautifying trick it to simply tie your hair up in a bun. Not any ordinary bun though. First part your hair to the side. Whichever side is most comfortable for you.

Once you have a side part, then go about tying your hair up into a bun! However you're not quite finished yet.

A Little Glamor Never Hurts!
 
Now, the side of your hair part that has the most hair you will want to add a cute, yet tiny rhinestone barrette.

Even if your hair looks like hell, the cute rhinestone barrette will draw people to it, and not to your hair.

Now for those of you like me who have thick hair, barrettes usually end up busting open. I find that these rhinestone barrettes hold up the best, and stay put without slipping out. They are definitely worth the money. They have a special clasp that allows you to easily adjust it without it ripping out your hair like click clasped barrettes do. I would actually recommend these types of barrettes to those with thick hair, and not thin hair because they will slip right out of your silky straight hair.

Frizz Be Gone!
 
Another product that I have used time and time again to tame my thick unruly hair is John Frieda's Frizz Ease Serum. Usually those with thick hair also suffer from frizz monsters. I know I am anyway, and I hate it. John Frieda's Frizz Ease Serum seems to tame the frizz down quite a bit, allowing me to work with my thick hair easier, without having to fight snarls and knots. This stuff is especially wonderful for humid days.

The Best Trick To Beautiful Hair
 
The absolute best trick to beautifying thick hair is running the straightener through it.

Although it is extremely time consuming for girls like me (afro puffs), the results are totally worth the time. Not only will your hair look and feel gorgeous, but it is also a hell of a lot nicer and healthier looking than women with naturally thin straight hair. So even though we cannot stand our thick mops, we still will rock much nicer looking hair when we take the time to straighten it.

The best flat irons are by Chi. They are pricey, but worth every cent because they will not damage hair like other cheap flat irons do. Also keep in mind that a thinner 1 inch iron is better than a fat square plate iron. The thinner irons are easier to get through hair, and they are capable of getting closer to your roots without burning your scalp.

I Wanted Pretty Curly Hair Though!
 
Well for those of you who are not so keen on the whole 2 hours worth of flat ironing, the easiest way to turn frizzy thick hair into beautiful hair is to curl it!

Curling my hair type is extremely simple. All it requires is a shower, damp hair, a heap load of hair gel and some hair spray.

Any hair gel will work, but I find that Dep gels work the best.

After taking a shower, I towel dry my hair, and add around 4 large handfuls of the gel to my hair. I run it through my hair evenly, and then I begin the scrunching technique. Basically all you have to do is lean over and have your hair dangling toward the floor. You then just take a handful of hair and scrunch it to your scalp, and release.

Once you have scrunched your hair, you then apply a few shots of hair spray, and wallah. Your hair will dry curly, and will look natural, not like hard fake crispy treats.

Any hair spray will work fine. I usually buy whatever is $1.00; the cheap stuff works just as good as the expensive stuff. I do however recommend pump bottles, and not aerosol cans. The aerosol can hair sprays tend to leave my curls looking and feeling a little stiff.

Although we may have been born thick hair, we certainly are capable of beautifying it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment