Saturday, July 26, 2014

Can't Afford Gucci, Prada, or Chanel Handbags? Why Not Rent Them Then?

I love designer handbags. Sadly though there have been many times where I have been very tempted to purchase knock offs because I cannot afford the real thing. Since finding out that knock offs only support the war on terror (learned it on a Tyra Banks show), I stopped buying them.

I still though wanted designer bags. I wanted Gucci, I wanted Prada, I longed for Versace, Hermes, and Vintage designer bags. One huge problem though. There is no way in hell I could afford to cough up nearly $500 on a bag whenever I wanted a designer. I could still afford simple designer brands like Juicy Couture, or Guess....but Chanel? Yeah; only in my wildest celebrity dreams.
 
I swear if they'd just lower their goddamn prices average everyday people like you and I could afford them... and sales would skyrocket. Sadly these designers are selling a-puh-lenty to the rich, the famous, and those fortunate enough to know how to gold dig.

Where does that leave the hard working yet under paid girls? Oh I know... Walmart specials, and an occasional yearly treat... maybe a Guess bag for $150.00 that we have to baby for 10 years just to keep it looking new.
 
Recently though while browsing the internet to see what new bags were being released for Spring and Summer collections, I came across an interesting...yet at the same time disturbing website called bagborroworsteal.com.

This website is filled with designer bags galore. From Hermes, to Versace...they have got it all.
Now like rent-a-center, where you can rent furniture and TV's and what not.... this website allows those of us who want the $1,000 bag but cannot afford it. The site gives the option to 'rent' the bag out for the week, or the month.

Prices though as still a bit jaw dropping. Still though, I find it very cool for women looking for a sweet bag to drag along with her during a special occasion, such as a party, wedding or social event where status means 'something'. (Besides, everyone can tell when you are carrying a fake... it's sooo obvious).

Monthly rentals on handbags could be a bit expensive, but the more the bag is worth, the higher the monthly rental.

They have bags available anywhere from $40.00 a month to $2,000 a month. (I guess once again, only the rich would go for that option...although I can't see why they wouldn't just buy the bag). Some bags are cheaper to buy then they would be to rent for the month. That is sort of where I would have an issue...but besides that, I'm horrible with retuning things on time.

Imagine renting a bag for $400 for a month!? That's less then my car payment...but imagine I forget to give the bag back after a month... that could land me into some financial issues for sure.
 
Anyhow, even though some of the bags ask for a hefty rental price, I definitely see an advantage for those who have money to throw around. Imagine being able to change your bag weekly or monthly, and replacing it with yet another high end designer bag? I find this to be neat. Still though, I could only afford the $40.00 rentals. Even though I could only afford that, there are 541 products to choose from in the $40.00 category, which is awesome.

Besides hand bags, Bagborroworsteal.com also lends out designer jewelery. Starting in May they will also be allowing members to borrow, or buy designer shades.

What is also very neat about the site is that you have the option to 'steal'; or I should say, 'buy' the item you have rented if you wish to do so. You simply let them know, and they will quote you a price based on its condition.

Although not everyone would be able to afford to rent a bag every month; or week. I think the site is relatively cool to pick up real designer bags for special occasions once in awhile; then being able to buy them for a discount price is pretty neat. For a look, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment