Sunday, July 20, 2014

Internet Explorer Error: Can't Connect to Internet! How to Fix It A Fix For: HTTP Port (80), HTTPS Port (443) and FTP (21)

So after spending nearly 5 grueling hours trying to figure out how to get online, I finally solved it. However here is what happened, and your story is probably similar.

I was browsing the Internet like I always do, and suddenly I keep getting anti-virus pop ups from some Antispyware Pro. Turned out this annoying non-stop pop up was a virus that consistently would pop up fake virus warnings.

Thankfully I was smart enough to know that all of the pop ups were fake.

I ran my anti-virus Malwarebytes, and got rid of the virus. That was the easy part.

I went to sign on to the Internet, and dang it. I get this annoying message that tells me that Internet Explorer Cannot Display the Webpage.

After running a diagnose I got this infamous little speech; a speech in which I had no clue what it meant.

It goes as follows: 


Check The Firewall settings for the HTTP port (80), HTTPS port (443) and FTP (21)
 
I couldn't even get on to the net to google help on how to fix it. So I started messing around with some of my Internet settings until finally I figured it out.

A quick and easy fix took me hours to figure out, so I wanted to spare those of you who are dealing with this issue the headache.

Go to your Internet browser. Look at the right hand corner of your screen for a little fellow that says

TOOLS.

If you for some reason cannot find it, just go to your control panel, and click INTERNET OPTIONS.
After clicking Internet Options, find the tab that says CONNECTIONS.
 
Click on this tab, and look to the very bottom, a small tab will read LAN SETTINGS. Click it. A new box will appear, check and make sure you UN-CHECK all of the boxes. If one of them is checked it could be causing the connectivity issue.

So that is basically it. Un-Check all of the boxes in your LAN SETTINGS tab.

Run your Internet explorer, and it should now work fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment