Thursday, July 24, 2014

The Truth About Free Vacation Voucher Certificates Sometimes What Seems like a Scam, is Not Necessarily a Scam at All!

About a month ago, I came home from the most wonderful place I have ever been in my entire life - the Bahama's.

Not long after getting home I began to experience Bahama Mama Withdrawal Syndrome (which is a term I just made up, but it rings very true nonetheless).

I found myself hitting up Travelocity, Expedia and Cheap Caribbean vacation Websites just to see what it would cost to book another short flight back to my island of choice. Unfortunately I came up with prices that I was not willing to pay. It turns out the vacation is only at its absolute lowest during off season months such as October, when we are in FULL BLOWN hurricane season no less!

Anyway, I decided just for curiosity reasons to see what was being offered on Ebay. Although I promised myself I'd never get suckered into such things, I still wanted to see if there was anyone out there offering vacation deals.

I came across quite a few sellers trying to sell things called Vacation Vouchers, Vacation Coupons, or Vacation Certificates.

At any rate, I knew these prices were far to good to be true. They just had to be!

A 4 day 3 night trip to the exact same place I just got back from was up for auction for $54.00!?!?!?!

There just HAD HAD HAD to be a catch.

Ah yes, of course. The smart and witty seller is selling you a vacation voucher, but they fail to mention the small fine print on that voucher, hat I discovered later on.

You see I figured if these people were able to sell such a large quantity of vouchers/certificates that MUST mean that they wither work as travel agents, or know a secret.

My intuition told me it was a secret, and my mission was to find it.

I found the secret, and here it is.

To all you idiotas who actually bought that voucher for $54.00, I feel sorry for yah. You got taken! Sorry! Do your homework. The fact of the matter is, you can buy the rights to an unlimited amount of those certificates at www.vacationincentivesusa.com!!!!

So you have the site, now where oh where did they hide the certificates, and how do I buy them?!?!?!
I was pecking around that damn site for nearly 45 minutes till I finally hit the jackpot and found their list of available certificates.

View list here
 
I was shocked to find a treasure chest filled with all sorts of goodies. And you can dip your hand into that treasure chest for just $24.99. For that price you will get access to the Vacation Vouchers, with an unlimited amount of certificates. Basically as many as you want to print, you can print.

You can, give them away as gifts to friends, family, clients, or even co workers. Or, you can go to Ebay and sell them for double the price like some have done (I just find it sooo wrong though, and that's why I am sharing) I do recommend though you at least sell one, to make your $24.99 back. I mean if you want to that is.

Mainly though this article isn't about making money on the side by selling vouchers to others, it's the question that has sat in the back of the minds of anyone who was interested in such a certificate.
Is it a scam?
 
No.

But before jumping in and buying a voucher from a company, do your homework first. Search around the net, and see what other people have to say.

There is of course though, a catch!

All of the certificates require a processing fee just for mailing in the voucher (you can also do this online) which can be anywhere from $25.00 to $45.00 or more.

On top of that fee you will then be charged an occupancy fee, or reservation fee that goes anywhere from $45.00 to $250 or more, depending on the vacation length. You also have to watch out for other fees, which are clearly written on the voucher, but can confuse you later on down the road. Each voucher has a specific fee associated with it, and the fees believe it or not add up!

So I decided to do the math. Would I be saving money by taking a 4 day 3 night trip back to my Bahamas hotel, or would I actually be losing money? Would I be better of planning another $1700 trip for a 6 day 5 night trip? Would it be worth it to lose the 2 extra days by using the voucher?

Well the answer is 'maybe'.

You see after all of the fees associated with the voucher, I then had to add in my flight costs, which would be an additional $320 per person. Already I'm up $640 not including tax!

Add on the vouchers fees, and my trip would have come to $928 for the 4 day 3 night trip.

Now that's not too bad at all if you are okay with the short amount of vacation time. I much would rather of had another 6 day trip, but seriously, I'm saving half the money and only losing 2 days. I find that a 4 day 3 night trip is a decent amount of time. I wish I'd of known of these vouchers before booking my trip this past October!

Before booking a flight though make sure your vacation voucher is booked, and you have paid all the fees. Also call the hotel to make sure your reservation has been made before just hopping a flight to go!
Vacation Vouchers are NOT a scam, but you can get them without paying someone $50 just for one, when for only $24.99 you can get an unlimited amount of them!

There are other vouchers that can save you even more, so check out the whole list! I hope this helps, and I hope it saves you money!

No comments:

Post a Comment