Sunday, July 20, 2014

Top 5 Vampire Movies

I am not a huge whipped Twilight fan like most have become, however after reading the book, and giving in to the trend, I must say I was hooked. I loved the book. The movie however, just failed to impress me. What made Twilight such a fantastic book for me were the connections. However the connections that were found in the book were not found in the movie. Sad too, because the main stars are dating in real life.

After reading the book, and watching this hit movie, I got to thinking about vampire flicks that were actually really good. I compiled a list of my top 5.

1. Lost Boys
 
Hands down this flick is the best tooth sinking vampire flick known to date. The movie featured 2 teen heartthrobs, Corey Haim (who recently died), and Corey Feldman. After an older brother becomes a creature of the night, the two pair up to try and save him from a clan of vampires. The movie is fun, with a dark trendy edge to it. A vampire movie that is not to be missed.

2. Fright Night
 
This 80's vampire flick terrified me as a child. I used to sleep with garlic at my window, and made sure no one I did not know was ever invited into my home. Yes, although the movie has a comedic edge to it, it's a scary one, and still one of my top favorites, even 20 years later.

When a neighbor moves next door to a young boy named Charlie, people begin to disappear, and when Charlie noses too deeply into his neighbors business, he becomes the hungry vampires prime target, alongside his friends.

3. Interview With a Vampire
 
Interview With a Vampire has got to be one of the longest vampire movies I ever sat down for, however the authenticity of the time era's portrayed in the film are visually stunning. Plus it does not hurt that our main character's are very sexy, and alluring. Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise pair up in this flick, and let me tell you, it's a vampiric orgasm just watching them.

The movie is basically a vampire telling his story to a news reporter. He takes you back to the day he became a vampire, and the things he has seen and done during his long life on earth.

4. 30 Days of Night
 
Now many folks who have seen this movie found it to be terrible, however it was the first vampire movie in a very long time to actually have me at the edge of my seat, waiting in anticipation at what would happen next.

The movie surrounds the annual Alaskan 30 days of night. That alone gives you a good idea at what made this vampire movie so action packed. With no sun, and no need to sleep during daylight hours, all of the blood sucking creatures have a 30 day free for all, on the local residents.

5. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
 
Ah yes, to fans of this hit series, do note that this one is not the actual show featuring Sarah Michelle Gellar. The first Buffy the Vampire Slayer was a movie that featured Luke Perry, and Kristie Swanson.
This one is about a young girl who recently learns that she is destined to be a vampire slayer. The movie is more of a comedy, but it does it well, and hello- we have a cheerleader chasing vampires with a pointy stick. It's fun, upbeat, and one not to miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment