Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Tutorial: How to Get the Golden Shovel in Animal Crossing: City Folk, for Nintendo Wii

I began playing Animal Crossing originally on my Gamecube system. I was amazed at how many secrets were scattered throughout the game.

As soon as the newest release Animal Crossing: City Folk for Nintendo Wii hit shelves, I knew that like the Gamecube title, this new title would also have a bunch of secrets that I'd have to unlock. I was hoping though that the new secrets were not the same old secrets the Gamecube title held, because the Wii version of the game is very, very similar to the Gamecube game.

The first thing I wanted to learn was how to obtain Golden tools.

If you played the original game, than likely you already know about the infamous Golden tools. These tools are unlocked when you perform certain things in the game. Fishing in every fish for instance will grant you the Golden Fishing Rod.

I recalled though that the easiest golden item to obtain was the Golden Shovel.

Although the Golden Shovel is not advanced in any way, nor will it dig any deeper than the ordinary shovel that you bu at Nook's, it's still pretty cool just to tote it around with you; plus when other online players visit your town, you can carry it around for your own personal bragging rights.

I wondered how I would obtain the Golden Shovel, and I discovered it was a hell of a lot easier than I thought it would be.

Step 1:

You first need to go to Nook's shop and buy yourself a regular olé shovel.

Step 2:

Go back to Nook's the next day and buy yet another standard shovel. You need 2 shovels in order to obtain the Golden Shovel.

Step 3:

Now that you have 2 shovels, you use one shovel to dig a hole in the ground.

Make sure you dig your hole somewhere where you will remember where it is.

Now all you have to do is bury the extra shovel located in your inventory menu. Choose the shovel, and bury it in the hole.

Step 4:

In order to get the Golden Shovel you have to wait 4 days. You can fast forward time by adjusting the clock, or you can wait 4 days. The choice is your really.

Step 5:

On day 5, go back to the place where you buried your shovel. It should be marked with an X. When you dig up your shovel it will now be a Golden Shovel!

Simple, easy... enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment